Sutliff Girl's Cookspot

This month...

JULY

Farmer's Market Inspiration

Appetizer: Megan
Side Dish: Lauren
Main Dish: Mom
Dessert: Amy

Friday, June 11, 2010

Lauren's June Dish - Quinoa Tabbouleh

So, I decided to try this as a beachy appetizer... I do think it could be a side as well... so I might post another recipe when we get back from our two vacations!

I made this today for dinner tomorrow night with 6 of us Sleesmans. We are all running and I thought quinoa would be a good source of nutrients the night before the race... it was very fun to make as it had lots of chopping.

Some modifications: I used both mint and parsley, and I cooled the quinoa on wax paper before I mixed it into the rest of the ingredients. The first picture is mis en place for the salad... except I had already chopped the tomato... the rest are just pictures along the way. Bon Appetite!

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups water
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomato
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint or parsley
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.







No comments:

Post a Comment